- Businesses are required to have a unique ABN and registered business/ physical address within the Sunshine Coast Council or Noosa Council boundaries.
- Business must have a minimum trading history of 12 months within the region as at 1st July 2023.
- A business can only enter one category per year. See Tips & Hints for information about selecting the most appropriate category for your business.
- The applicant must disclose to the judges any litigation or insolvency proceedings that may foreseeably affect the reputation of the applicant or through association, the Sunshine Coast Business Awards.
- Businesses must provide honest and accurate answers to all questions. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Past winners can re-enter the Sunshine Coast Business Awards, however, once a business is inducted into the Hall of Fame, they are not eligible to enter the Business Awards again in any category.
- A winner will be inducted into the Hall of Fame after they have won a Sunshine Coast Business Award in any category for three consecutive years. Hall of Fame inductees are announced at the Gala Dinner in the year following their third consecutive win.
- A nominated business cannot be an Awards committee member or contracted commercial supplier to the Sunshine Coast Business Awards in the same year.